Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yo Mama (Round 2)

I think I am going to make this a regular feature... yo mama!

Ok the deal is, in most my regular search haunts when you search for baby names they are listed with the names of the mother, father or both depending on the source. That means that sometimes I inadvertantly get 2 or 3 funny names for the list for the price of one. A good majority of the time it's the mothers' names that catch me off guard more than the kids. Mostly because I'm sitting there thinking that in theory these women are between let's say, 17-35 years old, which means they've had 2-3 decades to deal with whatever verbal monstrosity was scribbled onto their birth certificate.

And the funny part is, these are the ones I see most often giving their children the easiest of names. Ah, delicious irony. All I have to say is chile better you than me.


zwani.com myspace graphic comments

Here's a small sample:

Domenitrix
Teawanna
EarleAnna
Patches
Ureka
Infinitee
Lavender
Persia
Starstronnia
Sylver
Rhapsody
Grandeur
Beirut
Turquoise

1 comment:

Malika said...

i've got a cousin named turquoise. we call her turkey for short. i never realized how strange the name was until one of my friends mentioned it. i kinda like the name persia. whoever named their daughter domenitrix should be KILLED.