This is a little bit of a divergence, but I couldn't resist. :)
So a lot of people have been talking about SXSW (South by Southwest)--if you're unfamiliar, it a huge music and movie festival--in the case of music they do a lot of showcasing of emerging and up and coming artists (actually at least two of the groups are folks I know of from performing). But how that relates to WNTNYB-- maaaaaaan, some of these band name are off the chain. Who thinks this stuff up??? Here are my TOP 10 band names from SXSW:
10. The Stationary Set -this could be a clever pun or a way of saying they write while sitting on the couch all day
9. Nervous Turkey
8. The Eh Team DJs- they're from Canada. Cute, very cute.
7. Landmine Marathon- wow...so many jokes here
6. MC Frontalot- really?...REALLY?
5. Cubic Zirconia- until you get discovered I guess that's all the bling you can afford?
4. Dikes of Holland- oh how I love double entendre
3. My Dad is Dead- and you named a band in his memory...how thoughtful
2. And So I Watch You From Afar--and so I have a restraining order
1. Abe Vigoda- this could possibly be the most awesome band name EVER
Honorable mentions to: Butterfly Explosion; Goons of Doom; The Mother Truckers; The Uglysuit and The Pharmacy