Friday, November 14, 2008

Give "Peace" a Chance...

And now a word about word names...

There are certain words in the English language that actually work fairly well as names. Faith. Hope. Harmony. Journey. Destiny. Ok fine, those are do-able, if not slightly overdone.

There are some words however that are better left unspoken or rather unnamed--i.e. these I've come across:

Car (just Car...not Sentra, Mercedes...it's like I'm not sure what kind of Car just, Car)
Canyon
Story
Epik
Debonaire
Spirit
Realatee
Ph’Ness
Namaste
Mercilis
Equalitie

Onestie/Ah’Nesti /Aunestie (I have seen about 14 different variations of this as a name. I don't know what that means. I'm just posting it up and leaving it alone.)
Little
Rayon (I guess that's better than being named Polyester or Seersucker)
Geyser
Joiful
Ju’Reika
Relic
RoweMance

Sekquence

Winner of the Scripps National Spelling Bee Can-You-Use-It-in-a-Sentence Award:

A'maizhin

Winner of the Rodney King "Can't We All Just Get Along" Award:

Rayce-Armoni

No comments: